Empower Laborers for the Harvest
The New Testament, Acts especially, records the missionary activities of a man called Barnabas, who assisted the Apostle Paul in sharing the Gospel throughout the Mediterranean. Barnabas, whose name means “Son of Encouragement,” supported and served Paul’s global Gospel mission. Likewise, the Barnabas Team consists of CrossPointe members who desire to indirectly and directly proclaim the Gospel throughout the world by supporting and encouraging global missions. The Barnabas Team will:
- Educate members on the biblical imperative for missions and missions opportunities during church services, member meetings, periodic missions meetings and through Community Groups
- Engage members to support ministries and missionaries affiliated with CrossPointe through prayer and giving
- Encourage individual response by all to support missions through prayer, giving and going on mission
- Equip members with the training and tools needed for effective evangelism and service
- Enable missions efforts through financial and organizational support of missions workers
Make Disciples || Jesus declared, “All authority in heaven and on earth has ben given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you” (Matt 28:18–20).
Reach the Unreached || “And thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else’s foundation, but as it is written, ‘Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand’” (Romans 15:20–21).
Minister Compassion || “And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest’” (Matt 9:35–38).
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8). We reach our Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria, and the world through financial and personal partnerships with several missionaries and ministries, believing that:
- God has called CrossPointe to actively reach Columbus, our Jerusalem, for Christ.
- God has called CrossPointe to actively minister across the United States, our Judea and Samaria, for Christ. The U.S. has a heritage of faith in God, but this is often a cultural value rather than a genuine, personal commitment to Christ.
- God has blessed CrossPointe with the resources to share the Gospel with the world. In addition to countries where the Gospel needs to be heard again, there are over 6,000 unreached people groups with limited, if any, access to the Gospel message. In order to fulfill Revelation 5:9, we strategically partner with missions efforts to these places. CrossPointe partners with missionary families throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
In light of these things, we believe the members of CrossPointe are called to three means of spreading the gospel message:
- Pray regularly with family and friends for the various ministries and missionaries CrossPointe supports. Make prayer cards for mealtime and prayer lists for daily reminders as well as sending e-mails, letters and care-packages to our current missionaries/ministries. Community Groups are actively involved in this ministry.
- Give financially to CrossPointe’s general offering (at least 10% of funds are designated for missions) and give specifically to any of CrossPointe’s ministries, missionaries or short-term mission trips.
- Go on short-term mission trips, whether local, national or global, and consider becoming a long-term missionary. To learn more about short- and long-term mission trips, click here.
Please take some time to listen to these messages from our 2014 Missions Conference, taught by Dr. George Murray, chancellor of Columbia International University.