Lift 2018 Ski Retreat
What Do I Need to Know?
- Where: WinterPlace Ski Resort and Glade Springs Resort in West Virginia
- When: December 30 (6:00 a.m.) – January 2 (6 p.m.)
- Cost: to ski—$280; to board—$300; to hang out—$150
- Hold your spot with a $100 deposit by Thanksgiving! The total isn’t due until December 15.
- FYI - It's gonna be cold this year - down to 2 degrees kinda cold.
What Does the Cost Cover?
The cost covers everything except snacks, souvenirs, and lunch on travel days. That means three nights’ lodging, two full days’ skiing (including twilight), all meals, and a retreat sweat-shirt are all included in the total cost.
What Should I Pack?
To ski or snowboard, you’ll need a few things:
- Waterproof pants (or a nylon shell to wear over warm pants)
- Layers, layers, and more layers (like long underwear and non-cotton fabrics)
- Waterproof jacket or parka
- Warm socks (especially wool)
- Goggles and/or sunglasses
- A fun costume!
When we’re not skiing, you should have a few things on hand:
- Casual clothes for meetings and hang-outs
- Warm jacket
You could bring a few miscellaneous items as well:
- Movies for the bus
- Bathing suit (no two-pieces)
- Prescriptions and medications
- Music (clean)
- Frisbee (or other non-skiing equipment)
As far as spending money goes, bring at least $20 for lunches on the road and anything you think you’ll need for snacks and souvenirs.
Remember, you can only bring one (1) bag and a small (really) carry-on. Girls, feel free to begin freaking out at this point.
Are There Any Forms I Should Fill Out? (YES.)
More in Announcements
January 12, 2018Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
January 5, 2018Back in Romans this Sunday! + Weekly Announcements
January 2, 2018Elder Candidate Q&A: Paul Fincher