Preparing for Sunday + Weekly Announcements
Last week we did a sort of overview of Romans 7:14–25 and looked at the arguments for seeing the “I” Paul refers to as either before or after his conversion. While there are good textual arguments on both sides, I’m persuaded by the view that the struggle he describes is part of the Christan life. Still, we have a little more work to do in this text. Last week we just hovered over the passage and analyzed the two main views; this week our plan will be to work through it and see what it says about the war that is our sanctification.
We’ll also receive communion together. I’m looking forward to gathering around the Word and the Table together!
Grace and peace,
Sunday Morning Classes (9 a.m., starting Feb. 4) || Childcare is available. Sign up by e-mailing Anna Dawson!
- Evangelism: led by Kwame Agyemang
- Systematic Theology: The Bible’s Answers to Big Questions: led by Robert Ward (using Wayne Grudem’s book, available in the Resource Room)
- Deepen Discipleship: a continuation of the Fall study led by Springer Cain
Men’s Lunch (Feb. 6, noon) || Join the men of CrossPointe for lunch ($5 Chick-fil-A) and fellowship around God’s Word. RSVP to Springer Cain.
Ladies’ Lunch (Feb. 20, 11:30 a.m.) || Join the women of CrossPointe for lunch ($5 Chicken Salad Chick) and fellowship around God’s Word. Childcare starts at 9:30 a.m. RSVP to Anna Dawson.
Men’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting soon!
- Spiritual Disciplines: Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starting Jan. 25; led by Cecil Cheves (RSVP)
- Psalms: Wed., 7–8 a.m., starting Feb. 21 (7 weeks); led by Drew Nelson (RSVP)
Women’s Studies || Sign up for one of these studies starting in January!
- Exodus–Deuteronomy: Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., starting Jan. 9 (11 weeks); childcare available; led by Elayne Saucier (RSVP)
- Understanding Spiritual Gifts: Tues., 6–8 p.m., starting Jan. 16 (7 weeks); childcare available; led by Melany Raborn (RSVP)
- John’s Epistles: Thurs., 9:30–11 a.m., starting Jan. 18 (12 weeks); childcare available; led by Karen Rosa (RSVP)
Serving Widows, Single Moms, and Military Wives || Bill Harrison is assembling a team to serve these women in the church by assisting with various needs (handyman, auto, yardwork, financial advice, etc.). If you would like to assist or need assistance, please contact Bill.
RightNow Media || Enjoy countless Bible-study videos and resources at rightnowmedia.org (accessible online and via apps for most devices). To access CrossPointe’s account, please e-mail Robert Ward for an invitation!