Announcements, Sept. 1, 2017
We’ll pause our series on Romans this Sunday and spend some time in Psalm 67, a song about the nations’ need for joy in the one true God! Will Hawk will lead us through the text, and then we’ll gather around the Lord’s Table together for communion.
Grace & peace,
*Church offices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4, for Labor Day.
Men’s Lunch (Sept. 5, noon) || Every month, the men of CrossPointe gather for lunch ($5 Chick-fil-A) and fellowship while a member also teaches briefly. Click here to sign up.
“One Another” Member Meeting (Sept. 10, 6–7:30 p.m.) || CrossPointe's members gather bi-monthly for updates and prayer. Childcare is always provided! At this meeting, we’ll be voting to affirm Jay Hearn as an elder.
Women’s Studies || There are several studies this Fall! Books are available in the Resource Room.
- Genesis (Tues., 10–11:30 a.m., Sept. 5–Nov. 7): taught by Elayne Saucier at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP
- The Sermon on the Mount (Tues., 6 p.m., Sept. 12–Oct. 24): taught by Melany Raborn at her house; RSVP
- James (Thurs., 9:30 a.m., Aug. 31–Nov. 16): taught by Karen Rosa at CrossPointe; childcare available; RSVP
Men’s Studies || There are a couple of studies this Fall! Books are available in the Resource Room.
- Ephesians (Tues., 7–8 a.m., starting Aug. 29): taught by Robert Ward at CrossPointe; RSVP
- Parables by John MacArthur (Thurs., 7–8 a.m., starting Sept. 7): taught by Cecil Cheves at CrossPointe; RSVP
Sunday Morning Classes (Sundays, 9 a.m., starting Sept. 17) || We’re offering three classes this Fall (w/childcare)! RSVP to Leah Carr.
- How to Read the Bible: taught by Robert Ward and Joseph Davis
- Deepen Discipleship: an interactive discipleship process that prepares Christians for both local and global disciple-making, taught by Springer Cain and Josh Hutchinson
- The Person & Work of Christ: taught by Reuben Moyana
Midweek Fellowship Returning (Sept. 20, 5:45–7:30 p.m.) || Mark your calendars for eight weeks of MWF focused on the Reformation!
Clothing Needed at Safe House || Consider donating used clothing to Safe House Ministries, which cares for the homeless, ex-offenders, and those in recovery. Contact Keith Myers for more info!
ESL Training (Sept. 14, 6:30–9 p.m.; Sept. 16, 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m.) || International Friendship Ministries is hosting ESL training for $10. There will be food at both sessions. RSVP by Sept. 7.