Announcements, August 4, 2017
Our text this week, Romans 5:6–8, contains some of the sweetest words in the entire Bible. While we were still weak sinners, completely powerless and unable to do anything to change our situation, Christ died for us—the ungodly. What wonderful news. Embedded in these few verses is the very heart of the gospel. After our time in the Word, we’ll come to the Lord’s Table together. Looking forward to gathering with you all.
Grace and peace,
Men’s Lunch (Aug. 8, noon) || Join the guys for food ($5 Chick-fil-A) and fellowship as we hear from one of our own. RSVP to Springer Cain.
Community Groups || The Fall is a great time to start a small group, and we could use quite a few more! If you are a member of CrossPointe and would like to learn more about starting a group, please contact Robert Ward.
Women’s Studies || There are several studies coming up this Fall! Books will be available in the Resource Room soon.
- Mondays, 6 p.m., starting Sept. 11 (six weeks): “The Sermon on the Mount” (using Kay Arthur’s study Turning Your Heart toward God); taught by Melany Raborn at her house (RSVP to Melany.)
- Tuesdays, 10–11:30 a.m., starting Sept. 5 (thru Nov. 7): Genesis (using Nancy Guthrie’s study The Promised One); taught by Elayne Saucier at CrossPointe; childcare available (RSVP to Elayne.)
- Thursdays, 9:30 a.m., starting Aug. 31 (12 weeks): James (using the Navigators study guide); taught by Karen Rosa at CrossPointe; childcare available (RSVP to Karen.)
Men’s Studies || There are a couple studies coming up this Fall! Books will be available in the Resource Room soon.
- Tuesdays, 7–8 a.m., starting Aug. 29: Ephesians; taught by Robert Ward at CrossPointe (RSVP to Robert.)
- Thursdays, 7–8 a.m., starting Sept. 7: Parables by John MacArthur; taught by Cecil Cheves at CrossPointe (RSVP to Cecil.)
Marriage Study (every other Monday, 6:30–8 p.m., Aug. 28–Dec. 4) || Discuss Dave Harvey’s book When Sinners Say “I Do” (available in the Resource Room). The group will be co-led by Frank & Elayne Saucier, Bill & Melissa Harrison, and John & Lyle Illges. Sign up by e-mailing Elayne Saucier. Space is limited to 15 couples!
Prayer for the Nations (Sundays, 6 p.m.) || Meet at CrossPointe to pray for missions efforts around the world.
KidKeepers Needed || KidKeepers are paid volunteers who care for CrossPointe’s children during church events outside of Sunday morning worship. E-mail Cristin Wise if you’re interested!
More in Announcements
September 21, 2018This Sunday: Romans 9:24-33
September 14, 2018This Sunday: “The Riches of His Glory”
September 13, 2018This Sunday: “Be Very Careful to Love the Lord Your God”